Preloader Close
Every link is executed in place and finely processed
Monday - Saturday 7:00AM - 6:00PM
Schedule Your Appontment Today : [email protected]

wv coal mine scrip

Cruhser Machine

Unearthing the Coal Camps Racial Legacy Daily YonderWv Coal Mine Scrip For Sale Silver Dollar Coins

The railroad was extended up Buffalo Creek the Elk Coal and Lumber Company opened a coal mine and Widen coal camp was born The coal mine at Widen became the largest non union mine Widest group of wv coal mine scrip and Locate wv coal mine scrip available for purchase here online

More Info

Coal Scrip from Whitby WV Antique Vintage Coal Mine Script Cannelton Coal and Coke

02 18 32 History and Definition of Coal Scrip with Samplers from Whitby West ia Coal Mine Scrip Coal Miners were paid with scrip that could only be spent in the company store The West ia Coal Miner In honor and in recognition of the men and women who have devoted a career some a lifetime towards providing the state nation and world with low cost reliable and industrial energy Let it be said that Coal is the fuel that helped build the

More Info

Collectibles Coalwood West iaCoal Scrip for sale Only 3 left at 75

Carter Coal and Olga Coal used a bunch of manufacturers to make their scrip It s possible some scrip is rare and therefore worth more Quite frankly we don t have any idea It s possible some scrip is rare and therefore worth morePlease see the item title and pictures for this is a 5 cent piece of coal scrip from the herman grocery coal mining company logan logan county w coal mining company store orco scrip token one cent wolverine coal company

More Info

scrip1 Negozi eBayWhitby WV and LillyBrook WV Scrip

WV Coal Scrip Token 50 162 Covel Mine Covel WV Wyoming County EUR 8 73 0 offerte EUR 1 32 spedizione Scadenza domenica alle 19 40 CET 5g 23o West ia Coal Scrip Token 5 162 ET Javins Javins WV Boone County EUR 21 06 2 offerte EUR 1 32 spedizione Scadenza domenica alle 19 55 CET 6g WV Coal Scrip Token $100 Jake Henry Coal Company Urland WV Mingo County Whitby WV Scrip Scrip is one of the defining artifacts of a coal camp Scrip was the currency of the miner There are many excellent links on scrip throughout the internet I will update this page and provide a few Scrip in Whitby follows the same pattern as any other mining town The scrip was often created and issued within the same town Sterling Smokeless Coal issued the piece you see

More Info

WVGES Geology History of West ia Coal IndustryCoal Mining The History of Scrip Appalachian Magazine

The poor conditions in the mines brought about the first West ia coal mining legislation in A state mine inspector was appointed to inspect all mines for adequate safety conditions In the state union of United Mine Workers of America was organized in Wheeling to push for better conditions In the West ia Department of Mines was established to enforce inspections Though coal companies refused to exchange scrip with legal tender some miners found other locals willing to purchase coal scrip for a fraction of its value To combat this a West ia law driven by coal lobbyist made it unlawful for scrip to be transferred to a third party

More Info

NEW BOOK EDKINS COAL COMPANY SCRIP 3RD ED VOL 2Coalwood West ia Revolvy

Edkins Catalogue of United States Coal Company Scrip Volume 2 Third Edition This 370 page hardcover book lists over 7 400 pieces of West ia coal mine scripCoalwood West ia topic Coalwood is an unincorporated community coal town in McDowell County West ia United Stat The coal mine in Coalwood reached its peak in the s and finally shut down production on October 1

More Info

Thacker Mines West ia WikipediaCoal Scrip Tokens US Trade eBay

Thacker Mines is an unincorporated community and coal town located in Mingo County West ia Their post office has been closed References Original OSBORNE ROLL of 50 Scrip Tokens HENLAWSON WEST IA MERRILL STORES Panther Coal Mine Co Scrip 5c Roseann ia Va Buchanan County Token Grundy N $650

More Info

Welcome to West ia Coal Jewelry Our JewelryWv Coal Scrip Tokens 5 Pc Set cook Carter Company terry

West ia Coal Jewelry The New River Company Summerlee WV Coal Scrip Ring YEAR END CLEARANCE West ia Coal Jewelry This Coal Scrip Ring is a size 5 1/2 from the New River Company Summerlee WVWest ia Tokens 5 Pc Set ss K Company dorothy wv raleigh County Wv Coal Scrip Tokens 6 Pc Set amigo Smokeless Coal Co amigo wv wyoming County Wv Coal Scrip Tokens 5 Pc Set cook Carter Company terry wv rleigh County

More Info

Unearthing the Coal Camps Racial Legacy Daily YonderCompany scrip Wikipedia

The railroad was extended up Buffalo Creek the Elk Coal and Lumber Company opened a coal mine and Widen coal camp was born The coal mine at Widen became the largest non union mine Coal scrip is tokens or paper with a monetary value issued to workers as an advance on wages by the coal company or its designated representative As such coal scrip could only be used at the specific locality or coal town of the company named

More Info

coal scrip Friendly Metal Detecting Forumscoal mine company store morleyshootingschool

09 14 32 COAL SCRIP ARTICLE PUBLISHED The Charleston Gazette of West ia published a nice article about coal scrip on April 29 It went by coal mine company west ia store palmresortgoain The company s main products include mining machinery supporting equipment safety drills and

More Info

Arthur Kilgore Mine Scrip Collection ndWV COAL MINING SCRIP 01c DOUGLAS WEST IA MINE

The initial pieces of Arthur Kilgore Mine Scrip Collection were donated to Camden CarrollLibrary by Bob Underwood to honor his grandfather Arthur Kilgore who was along time international representative of the United Mine Workers of America Mr Kilgoreworked primarily in the coal fields of Southeastern Kentucky20 views 29 views per day 7 days on eBay High amount of views 0 sold 1 available Good amount of bids 6 234 items sold 0 negative feedback Top Rated Seller Ships on

More Info

script COALWOOD WV WV History West ia Coal scrip revolvy

Coal Mine Scrip Piece from Kaymoor Mine Kaymoor West ia Started by the Low Moor Coal Company in the late Kaymoor was one of the largest and most productive coal operations in West ia s Historic New River GorgeCompany scrip is scrip a substitute for government issued legal tender or currency issued by a company to pay its employe It can only be exchanged in company stores owned by the employers In the UK such truck systems have long been formally outlawed under the Truck Acts In the United States mining and logging camps were typically

More Info

West ia Coal Scrip Token Dixport Coal Co $01 Cinco West ia Coal Scrip Token Dixport Coal Co $01 Cinco

west ia coal scrip token dixport coal co $01 cinco wv kanawha co $500 this is a one cent coal mine store scrip trade token used by the dixport coal company located at cinco west ia in kanawha county west ia coal scrip token dixport coal co $01 cinco wv kanawha co $662 this is a one cent coal mine store scrip trade token used by the dixport coal company located at cinco west ia in kanawha county

More Info